Mosque of Kapllan Pasha or Mosque of Singles, known as Mosque of Kubelia.
Kavaja is mentioned in Ottoman documents as “Kavalia village” in the register of 1431, in the Vilayet of Pavllo Kurtiku and was the fiefdom of his son, Isa Bey. In that year, Kavaja had 16 houses and 2 widows, all Christians.
Apparently, the establishment of an Islamic community took place around the year 1561-1562, when Ali Hajdar Bey built the mosque, nicknamed “old”. It stood in the central part of the late medieval market and together with the clock tower, built in 1817 next to the second portico in front of the mosque, was a central element in the urban formulation of the city and its silhouette.