Itinerary II- Path of Lakes
Designing the Itinerary II ``Path of the Lakes`` - on foot
This path crosses the gentle hills west of the city of Kavaja as well as the coast of Spille, the Adriatic Sea. It is mainly an itinerary with a focus on nature.
On the basis of the preliminary study and analysis, this path was realized together with the route, as it offers a very intriguing natural landscape, starting from Siplle beach, where there is also the possibility to park the car or other vehicles, to continue further. towards the east climbing gentle hills, with a maximum height of up to 190 m.
Following the route, very close to the village of Spille, there is a natural spring which can be optional to visit. It continues with the ascent through gentle hills, where we have several panoramic points, with planted fields.
The peculiarity of this route is the 5 artificial lakes which, on the way up, appear throughout the walk. Their presence spread over the space where the path passes, has made it possible for this route to be called the “Path of Lakes”.
Of particular interest is the Beden forest. The panoramic points are impressive as along the way we encounter forests on the sandy coast, water sources, panoramic views with lakes, agricultural landscapes, as well as the dense forest which is also the most interesting point of the whole route ending in the descent again near the pine belt of the beach of Spille, to reach the starting point, thus taking more or less the shape of a “ring”.
“Terrain and geographical position”
- Massive pine forest
- Natural resource
- 5 Artificial lakes
- Hilly terrain, close distance to major cities
- Mediterranean climate – tourism 12 months
- Nature – forests, sea (iodine, oxygen, fishing), lakes, planted hills
- Not too dirty- Throughout the description of the trail, we can say that the trail is relatively clean
- Food, organic based on local products
- Restaurants and bars along the waterfront area
- Easily accessible – paved road, public transport, mostly good road infrastructure. Equipped with directional signs.
Difficulty level 4 of the walk (1-10):
Duration of the walk (Hours) with all the stops:
Elevation of the Route from sea:
Several points of natural interest will be described, as well as service points near the villages covered by the route.
Itinerary II - Path of Lakes
Walking on foot (Treeking)
Points of Interest
- The starting point. (Parking point near the pine shore of Spille beach)
- Viewpoint – Natural spring (optional)
- Panoramic point - The plains of Kavaje can be seen to the east, Spilleja to the west, the Adriatic Sea, surrounded by 5 small artificial lakes, the massifs with olive trees, as well as the pine forest of Beden.
- Panoramic point - you can see the hills, the sea and the lakes.
- Panoramic point – Beden Forest
- Panoramic point – at the highest point of the hills where you can see the hills, the sea and the lakes.
- Stop/Service Point – Domen Village
- Panoramic point – hills and fields with agricultural lands
- Panoramic point - "Guri i Lemuar" beach
- Panoramic point - Forest with massive pine trees